- Security solutions for home computers
- Computer virus and malware infections
- Computer support & tuition
I use and recommend Eset Security products as your best line of defence against malware infections and other internet threats.
Please note: Any information provided on my site is of a general nature and your circumstances may differ. If you require specific advice, please contact me or your local technical support provider.
Why you should be using ESET Security Products
ESET has over 25 years’ experience of helping people to Enjoy Safer Technology. Our software is light on hardware, but hard on malware.
ESET products give you the peace of mind to enjoy your digital journey, secured by multi-layered Internet security. Rely on anti-malware solution with Antivirus, Anti-Theft and now with Botnet Protection.
ESET Banking and Payment Protection (New – Smart Security only) ensures that all online transactions are protected in a trusted and secured environment.
ESET INTERNET SECURITY
- ESET Password Manager: Allows you to generate and prefill passwords even on your Mac (ESET Password Manager for Mac works on macOS 10.8 and newer)
- Exploit Blocker: Blocks attacks specifically designed to evade antivirus detection. Protects against attacks on web browsers, PDF readers and other applications, including Java-based software.
- Botnet Protection: Protects against infiltration by botnet malware − preventing spam and network attacks launched from your computer. With the help of ESET Network Signatures, blocking of malicious traffic is even faster.
Additional Features in the New 2018 Edition
- UEFI Scanner is our new feature that adds new layer of security and keeps our customers even safer.
- Router protection includes router security assessment including scanning for port vulnerabilities, firmware vulnerabilities, malicious domains and DNS server reputations, password complexity, malware infections and router web-server vulnerabilities.
- Catalogue of Connected Devices, lists and categorizes devices, such as mobile phones or loT devices, connected to the user’s home network to quickly identify any rogue devices.
⇒ ESET Multi-Device Security Pack
Best Value! Protect 3 computers + 3 mobile devices for only $84.95 for 12 months!
Includes 3 or 5 Smart Security licences for Windows / Mac / Linux and 3 or 5 Mobile licences for Smartphone’s / Tablets enough to protect the whole family. You can be confident that ESET will protect your entire family’s devices with our multi-device page. ESET Multi-Device Security pack contains antivirus, antispyware, anti-phishing, anti-theft and antispam protection, personal firewall, parental control, device control, social media scanner, exploit blocker, memory scanner, vulnerability shield, small system footprint and gamer mode for all your Windows, Mac or Linux devices.
For your smartphones and tablets includes also app scanning, SMS & call filter, apps audit, system remote lock, remote wipe, remote siren, GPS tracking, camera snapshots and SIM guard and is designed for Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian platforms.
Note: IPhone, iPad, Windows Mobile 7, 8 and 8.1 devices are not supported.
⇒ ESET Mobile Security for Android
Web-browsing or shopping online? Explore the Internet with confidence, thanks to proven Antivirus protection, while Anti-Phishing protects your personal data.
What would you do if your device went missing? Proactive Anti-Theft takes snapshots if someone tries to access your data, sends them to my.eset.com, and locks your device.
Want to reclaim your phone for yourself? Only receive the calls and texts you want, when you want. Block individual callers or groups using SMS & Call Filter.
⇒ ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac
Despite rumours to the contrary, according to recent reports, Apple with OS X and iOS, is at the top of the list of most vulnerable operating systems.
How much malware for Mac is there?
The amount of Mac-specific malware remains negligible compared to other platforms (namely Windows). However, Mac malware is steadily on the rise and it is not just about the numbers anymore. Today a well thought-out and targeted malware can cause damage on an unprotected Mac.
Does my Mac need an antivirus?
The truth is that no operating system is 100% secure. Even if it was, vulnerabilities in applications, such as Java/Java Virtual Machine, can be exploited by malware. A high-performing antivirus adds layers of security, decreasing the exposure to potential threats.
Does malware pose a threat for Mac OS X?
In recent years, ESET Malware Research Lab has detected and identified over ten new malware families specifically targeting the Mac OS X platform. For instance Flashback trojan that has infected hundreds of thousands of Mac machines.